Wednesday, September 19, 2012

What happened to Apple?



Back in the day, I distinctly remember the warm thrill I experienced whenever I heard that Apple was holding a special event. I always ordered a Dominos pizza, and some chicken wings. My eyes were glued on to the photos as they passed by the live blogs. Every announcement rendered my screaming "Oh, my god", just like Janice from 'Friends'.

However, lately it hasn't been the same. There's no pizza. There' no enthusiasm. There's only a few reasons why I look upon Apple's events with a gloomy and unenthusiastic eye. Over time, nothing really big has been announced. Remember the announcement of the Unibody, anyone?

Probably I am expecting way too much for Apple. I expected a massive, sexier redesign for the Apple iPhone 5. But, nope, looks almost the same. It's less of the iPhone 5, more of iPhone4S S, if you know what I mean? The back look's pretty good though, but that's only one of those small things they tweak now and then.

Another probability is that I've just grown out of it. However, I'm pretty sure that's unlikely. I did see the iPhone 5 event. But, I just went to sleep in the middle. I was really disappointed.

All I can do now is hope that Jobs' Apple comes back. Yeah, sure, Apple's stock is at a record high of what, $700, making it a $600 billion+ company. For comparisons sake, the GDP of Thailand is $602 billion by PPP (2011). But as everyone knows, an Apple enthusiast doesn't really care about that.

What I really want is to get back the enthusiasm, and inquisitiveness that defined an Apple launch.


Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment